May 2017 - Present
I lead a team of customer experience designers, strategists, analysts, and copywriters in defining and honing customer experience in the student financial aid industry.
- Developed our Brand Standards Center that unifies our visual style guide, voice and tone, and UI pattern library.
- Designed and built a custom app for the US Dept. of Education to streamline the student application for free federal aid.
- Reorganized the CX department into agile product teams that resulted in product release schedule moving from 12-18 months to 1 month.
- Created the integrated marketing communication strategy for B2B markets and direct loan borrowers.
- Successfully redesigned internal workflow for project demands and resource allocation to allow for year long project planning.
- Received training in DiSC personality, productive conflict, emotional intelligence, and advanced leadership training.
Apr 2016 - May 2017
I lead a team of multidisciplinary designers in developing brands and products for venture companies in a variety of impact industries.
- Appmobi: Scaled brand exposure through developing new marketing plan with associated website and pitch materials.
- Medstatix: Replatformed their website onto WordPress and worked on Data Visualization components for their analytics portal.
- Wylei: Developed new brand for their successful exit into self sustaining company.
- Clio Health: Developed brand personality and integrated marketing campaign for investment opportunities.
- Connexion: Developed augmented reality booth in cooperation with partners to create a holistic preventative medical scanning kiosk. Lead a team in developing brand personality, visual presence, and marketing campaign.
- Vitavista: Developed brand personality, brand presence, and integrated marketing campaign for AI-enhanced medical imaging technology
Digital Design and Development Director
Apr 2015 - Apr 2016
I was the design and development director that worked in tandem with both the marketing and IT departments to create digital assets for public and internal use. I lead a small team of students in projects revolved around data visualization and front-end development.
Digital Art Director
Jul 2014 - Apr 2015
I lead a team of designers, developers and copywriters to rebrand and create full-fledged integrated marketing campaigns across traditional media, digital and social. I recruited and trained new staff to start our in-house development department. My team launched several new rebrands as well was worked on a variety of state government initiatives.
- SpiriTrusth Lutheran
- Illegal Dump Free PA
- Keep America Beautiful
Digital Design and Social Media Specialist
Apr 2012 - Jul 2014
My role was varied; I handled all of the digital and web design responsibilities for our digital assets including our website, our private social media platform and our digital magazine. I designed our association's digital magazine and created and implemented our social media marketing and presence plan.
- HTML5/CSS3, SASS/SCSS, .NET, D3.JS
- WordPress, DotNetNuke
President & Other Roles
Sep 2012 - Dec 2017
National Task Force Member 2016 - 2017
Chapter President: 2013 - 2015
Vice President: 2014
Programming Chair: 2014
Web Assistant: 2013-2014
Creative Director of Custom Publishing
Feb 2011 - Apr 2012
My role was leading a team of designers, developers and writers in the production of our 11 different custom publications and our flagship magazine, Harrisburg Magazine and Lehigh Valley Magazine. I recruited and trained team of designers to design advertisements, magazine layout and digital development of child products for our readers.
- WordPress, Cushy CMS, Light CMS
- PHP, MySQL, Jquery, ActionScript 2 & 3
UI/UX Designer & ActionScript Developer
Sep 2009 - Feb 2011
I was an in-house designer/develoepr for a new digital publishing company. I served as a UX/UI/Interaction Designer for our digital magazines while also developing them inside of Flash writing specific ActionScript code for various interactions. Eventually, the company was bought by Fry Communications.
- HTML/CSS, XML
Sep 2006 - Jun 2010
I was hired to work in the marketing department at International House during college. I was the sole designer to create materials for our marketing, events and recruitment initiatives as well as making regular updates to our website. I worked with Iper Design to rebrand Ihouse and helped to grow their in-house capabilities from web, social and print.
BFA, Visual Design (focused in Visual Communications)
2006 - 2010
Valedictorian (4.3 GPA)
Inducted into Alpha Beta Kappa
Recipient of Philly Ad Club's Philly's Future Scholarship
Harrisburg Area Community College
Associates, Web Development
2010 - 2012
Harrisburg Area Community College
Associate's, Fine Art
2003 - 2005
2010 - 2016
Managing Employee Performance Problems
Foundations of Design Research
Interaction Design Fundamentals
User Experience Fundamentals for Web Design
CSS with LESS and Sass
Agile Project Management
Adobe Experience Manager for Marketers
User Research Techniques
Johns Hopkins University
2013 - 2013
Health for All Through Primary Health Care
University Of California - San Diego
2015 - 2015
Certifcate in Interaction Design Specialization
Specialty Web/Social Media Site - Our Twylah page offers visitors a glance at our most important topics from our Twitter conversation. We submitted our curated tweet showcase site and we've received a Gold Award.
American Society of Association Executives
PAFP Community - We won a coveted Gold Circle award for the design, development, and implementation of our largest member service and product, the PAFP Community; a private social media network and online collaboration tool for member physicians of PAFP.
New Product Launch - The PAFP Community is a private community of practice for the member physicians of the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians. We submitted it for New Product Launch as this is a new member benefit. We were awarded a Gold Award.
Web, Team size: 3. PAFP Community.
Design, Team size 3. Keystone Physician, The Dangers of Hydrofracking.
Education Institution - Awarded MarCom Platinum for the complete redesign and rebuild of the Harrisburg University of Science & Technology website.
Marcom Gold for website design
Davey Award for the website redesign of Aspire Ventures
- Project Management
- UX Research
- UI Design
- Interaction Design and Testing
- Visual Design
- Front End Development
- Executive Leadership
- Data Visualization
- Market Research
- Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy
- Product Design & Product Management
- Agile Methodology
- Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Content Development
- Email Marketing
- Email Timothyhello@azraelgroup.com
- (717) 303-6919
- 425 Eisenhower Drive Carlisle, PA 17013