“Alchemist - A person who transforms or creates something through a seemingly magical process.” — I am an agile full-stack developer with a passion for learning by experience. I believe that the only true way to learn is by doing, making mistakes, and applying knowledge gained to develop myself and those I connect with. I enjoy using my skill set to transform mere ideas into functional & aesthetic products. I am currently seeking to join a remote team solving problems with modern JS + React/Redux + Node.
May 2017 - Present
Worked as a full-stack developer supporting two different government projects both providing Veterans with benefits.
• Worked on teams utilizing Agile/Scrum methodologies and rituals.
• Collaborated with and supported QAs in creation of automated tests.
• Investigated and remedied defects.
• Bootstrapped internal project to create/edit files using proprietary format using React/Redux. Saving time and frustration during testing.
• Introduced team members to modern JS + React/Redux + Node stack.
• Documented and maintained inherited code base with very little existing documentation.
• Worked with a Spring Integration pipeline to ingest, parse, and persist files over an SFTP transport.
Trident Technical College
Associate of Applied Science: Computer Programming
2014 - 2016
- Retained dean's list status throughout my career.
- Graduated with a 3.9 GPA.
• Developed a command line conversion tool to convert binary .map files used in LRR to a JSON format usable by Raiders.
• Progressive optimization of terrain geometry generation and rendering.
• Created a small independent library for configurable soundscapes and integrated it into Raiders.
• Optimized poly-count of models using Blender without sacrificing likeness to actual LEGO models.
My first Codepen; a functional mockup of iTerm on Mac OS X with pluggable commands.
• Was featured on the front page of Codepen and amassed 6000+ views and 170+ "loves."